How to Use the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series
Seven Ways You Can Use the TOEFL ITP Assessment Series in Your Classroom
The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English skills using 100 percent academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks. This makes the tests an essential tool for:
- Placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use TOEFL ITP scores.
- Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
- Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programs where English-language training will be a feature of the program.
- Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
TOEFL ITP® Score User Network (SUN)
Over 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries use the TOEFL ITP tests. See our SUN Brochure (PDF) to view a sample of score user institutions and how they use TOEFL ITP scores.